New Year Wishes and Resolutions

Happy New Year!
Here are a few quotes and sayings I like for the New Year.

Photo from Pinterest
HAVE  hope
TRY new things
BE active
SEE the good
SAY I love you more
CHALLENGE yourself
CHOOSE to be happy
EAT better
ENJOY today
FORGIVE more readily
READ more often
BECOME your best you



"The greatest need of this nation is strong, healthy, intact families. 
The greatest thing you can do as a mother is to strengthen your own family. 
Build your family life. 
Don't get involved in too many things outside your home. 
You will become flustered, frazzled, and the family will become fragmented. 
Instead, think of ideas to gather the family together. 
Think of things to do that will strengthen your family.  
Daily gather around your family meal table for your meals. 
As you strengthen and build up your family, also seek to 
encourage and bless other families around you. "


~Nancy Campbell~




Once a year, go someplace you have never been.
~The Dalai Lama~


I like this quote by the Dalai Lama!  For me it doesn't just mean travel.  It means read a book that I might not typically read, try a new food or one I have disliked in the past or go outside my comfort zone to try something new or daring.  Yes! I think I will!

I'm not really one to make New Year resolutions, but I do have lists of things I wish to accomplish during the coming months of each new year.

This year my list includes:

  • Build a greenhouse
  • Finish turning the old chicken coop into a camping cabin and sugaring shack
  • Build a structure for the goats to climb on (goat jungle-gym)
  • Enlarge my vegetable garden (again)
  • Plant more evergreen trees, fruit trees and berry bushes.


What do you wish to accomplish in the New Year?

We are enjoying our traditional New Year's Day fare of pork roast, sauerkraut and mash potatoes. We wish you a Happy New Year and may it be full of love and happiness!

Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

Thanks!